THe Movies

March 4, 2010

Citizen Kane-The movie

Filed under: Uncategorized —Tagged , , — rhodine @ 3:31 pm

Citizen Kane

As I learn and read about films being made I can see why Welles was so excited about making Citizen Kane. While watching this movie I had to watch as if techniques were still being created. Anyone watching now would just think it was a regular film but knowing the background allows you to see why people still speak of the film.

What made this movie great was the fact that Welles had so much control over the way things were to look. This movie changed a lot of what the roles in production were. My favorite shot of the movie was Kane standing in front of all those mirrors. Even today a shot like this would have taken a lot of time and calculation and it was pulled of superbly.

The thing I love most about the movie is how the shots just fit the storyline. It just shows the way he took the script and put it on film was incredible. He had a vision and went for it. The low angle and the high angle shots all had a purpose, everything served a purpose and wasn’t just placed.

One Response to “Citizen Kane-The movie”

1.   green smoke coupon code Says:

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too fantastic. I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a terrific site. green smoke coupon code https://www.facebook.com/GreenSmokeCouponCodes